Sunday, May 11, 2008

french toast and healthiest-ever pancakes

happy mother's day!
i've traveled to california to visit the family and thus i am faced with two challenges: 1. cooking for omnivores and 2. taking pictures without ryan. i think i've fared well so far.

healthiest ever pancakes
yields 4-6 pancakes
1 c whole wheat pastry flour
tbl baking powder
a little salt
1 banana
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla
half a cup of blueberries (you can add other berries, nuts, cinnanmon, chocolate chips)

-combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
--blend wet ingredients, and then mix with dry ingredients
-ladle on to heated skillet
-when bubbles form, flip. take off griddle when heated through.

french toast
batter: 1 cup non-dairy milk, tbl tahini, tbl nutritional yeast, tsp maple syrup, cinnamon to taste
-choose a thick slightly stale bread (i used whole wheat sourdough, because i'm crazy for sourdough!)
-dip slices in batter so completely covered
-cook french toast on each side until lightly browned

strawberry banana pancake topping
1/4 cup frozen strawberries , sliced
1 banana chopped
1 tbl maple syrup
-combine ingredient in sauce pan
-cook until strawberries have thawed and flavors have mingled.
(you could microwave this if you really wanted to)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous.

Steve sculpts critters said...

I've lately turned to sculpting animals.
My profile pic is one of my mice.
If you don't mind (sorry for the intrusion), I'd love it if you could check out my animal bronzes.
If you like them, please show your friends!
I'm trying to get my work seen by a wider audience.
If not, thanks for looking.
http://www.steveworthingtonart.com
There's some 'how it's made' stuff on my blog too,
http://www.steveworthingtonart.blogspot.com

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

!!!!!!!! oh mi freaking vegan angel! I love you. I will be making all of this on the weekend!! WOWOWOWOWOW

vegandenovo said...

wow, thank you! let me know how they go!