i'm really interested in making burgers. this was my first attempt and i was pleasantly surprised. this patty wasn't as hearty as a traditional soy or black bean burger, but it was definitely delicious. i served mine as a lettuce wrap with bbq sauce. i also cooked up a batch of have cake will travel's tofu fries!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
yields 4 paties
1/4 cup of quinoa
1/2 cup wheat gluten
1/2 cup of cooked black-eyed peas
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbl blackstrap molasses
1 tbl liquid smoke
1 tsp of garlic
salt and pepper
1. cook quinoa according to package directions
2. mash black eyed peas (or put them in a food processor or blender)
3. combine all ingredients, add a little water if too dry.
4. combine mix into 4 round patties.
5. bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.